For all questions regarding our Meals Program, please contact Bonnie Hendryx. Click here to email, or call Bonnie at 585-442-5437, Sunday - Thursday, 5 pm to 11 pm.
Thank you for your interest in preparing a meal for our RMHC families. We provide lodging and support to more than 800 families each year, and meals are an important part of that. There is a different atmosphere in the House when meals are provided. More people gather and become support for one another. It’s nice for people to come “home” after a long day at the hospital, smell the comforting aroma of a home-cooked meal and feel taken care of.
Here are some things to know about preparing meals at the Rochester Ronald McDonald House:
- Dinner is typically served between 6 and 6:30 pm. Breakfasts are served around 8:30 am. You are only expected to stay until you’re finished preparing the meal and setting it out.
- Buffet-style serving is preferred. In choosing your menu, take a look at the Meals Calendar to see what other groups are serving in the same week. No one wants to eat tacos five nights in a row!
- Our kitchen is fully equipped with all the serving and preparation dishes you will need, as well as cooking equipment. A gas grill is available year round.
- You need not provide beverages, dishes or silverware. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the House.
- Plan to serve 30-40 people.
- Typically, we ask that there be no more than eight people to prepare the meal, and that everyone in the group be at least 10 years of age.
- We would enjoy giving your group a tour of the House after dinner is served.
- Your group is responsible for preparation cleanup. Our volunteers will take care of leftover storage later in the evening.